On Monday, February 23rd, the weather was in sort of a melting mode. The yard was mostly without snow, but it was quite mucky. Katie, Molly, and Matthew were looking for something to do, and they found some scraps of wood and some nails. Katie came and asked me if there was any paint because they were making a sign. My first reaction was, No way! But after I went outside and saw what they were doing, I softened. I recently read on someone else's blog about how they celebrate being a child at their house. I wanted to be like that--not always so stressed out about messes, but letting the kids have some fun. After all, hands wash, and painting outside couldn't be too bad. I gave Katie a can of blue spray paint. Later, I found they had painted their sign and had some paint on their hands and on the grass, but otherwise, any tragic thing I initially thought might happen didn't. They had a lot of fun!



Here's their finished "sign."

No comments:
Post a Comment